What is the vision for customer service under WIOA?
Under WIOA, partner programs and entities that are jointly responsible for workforce and economic development, educational, and other human resource programs collaborate to create a seamless customer-focused one-stop delivery system that integrates service delivery across all programs and enhances access to the programs’ services (tac-15-01 RSA, page 3).
We are engaged in multiple conversations across the country on what this means for State Vocational Rehabilitation Agencies. There are many questions that are a part of this discourse:
- What is integration and how is it manifested in American Job Centers (AJCs) in different states?
- How does the Career Pathways Service Model engage all of the Job Center customers?
- How does the VR leadership strengthen the outcomes for people with disabilities in the collaborative service system?
- What approaches in developing agreements are needed to support this system?
- What is the basis for partnership that will make these changes a "rising tide that will lift all boats"?
These are the questions the WINTAC team is seeking to answer with our friends in the State Vocational Rehabilitation agencies and with the Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA). In this tool kit, you will find resources in the form of guidance, literature, and practice. We have posted the schedule for the webinars that will be available throughout the year, as well as opportunities for your staff to engage in discussions regarding topics that are most significant in addressing the changes for your organization. We hope that you will take an opportunity to explore the information posted, participate in our webinars, and join one of our Community of Practice topic discussions.
If your questions or interest in the Service Integration and Alignment of the Vocational Rehabilitation Services in the American Job Centers is of a wider scope than the information available in this tool kit, we would enjoy hearing your suggestions of how this resource can be strengthened.