Click the links below to go to the section:
- COVID 19 Resources
- WINTAC Pre-ETS Resources
- Federal Resources & Information
- Other Resources
- National Technical Assistance Center on Transition
- Thirsty Thursday Three Tips
- External Websites
The WINTAC has created a list of resources to help VR programs that are operating by distance and providing services remotely during the COVID-19 crisis. We will be building on these resources daily, so please check back frequently. Click to access the COVID-19 Resources. Click to access the Resources on Distance Service Delivery.
WINTAC Pre-ETS Resources
CRP Guidebook: This guide, developed by WINTAC and Transcen Inc., provides strategies for CRP’s to collaborate with SVRA’s on effective provision of Pre-ETS
Reporting: Fiscal/Time Tracking/Services
- Presentations at CSAVR and NCSAB:
- Time Allocation Guide for Pre-Employment Transition Services
- Process for determining if the agency can move from required pre-employment transition services to authorized activities
- Pre-Employment Transition Services Implementation Checklist
Resources for the Required Pre-ETS Activities
These resources are intended to provide transition planning programming support for students and youth with disabilities. They can be used by vr professionals, educators, service providers, family members and individuals with disabilities.
- Job exploration counseling
- Work-based learning experiences, which may include in-school or after school opportunities, experiences outside of the traditional school setting, and/or internships
- Counseling on opportunities for enrollment in comprehensive transition or postsecondary educational programs
- Workplace readiness training to develop social skills and independent living
- Instruction in self-advocacy
- Maryland Combined-Explore-Work Vendor Fee Schedule and Expectations
- Minnesota Blind-Pre-ETS Student Self Assessment Tool
- Tennessee VR-Virtual Pre-Employment Transition Services Guide
- WINTAC, NTACT and TransCen collaborated to develop the Pre-Employment Transition Services: A Guide for Collaboration among State Vocational Rehabilitation Agencies and Education Partners. We invite you to explore this Guide which provides processes and steps necessary to build effective collaboration at the local level; specifically between educators, VR counselors, parents and other staff involved in assisting students with disabilities in preparing for, obtaining, and maintaining competitive integrated employment.
- WIOA Performance Indicators - IDEA Part B Transition Performance Indicator Crosswalk
- WIOA-IDEA - Perkins V Indicator Crosswalk
- Review Instrument - Formal Interagency Agreements The U.S Department of Education’s Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS), has provided states with a review instrument for the formal interagency agreement between SEAs and VR agencies, as required by Section 101(a)(11)(D) of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended by Title IV of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), and 34 C.F.R. § 361.22(b). This review instrument offers strategies and resources to increase collaboration between the State and local agencies under these two programs, as well as program providers, so they may more effectively serve students and youth with disabilities.
- Updated 07/10/17: WINTAC-NTACT-Interagency Agreement Toolkit Guide
- Nebraska General Transition Services Planner and Partnership Planning Agreement
- Secondary Transition Consideration and Guiding Questions for Youth Exiting from High School
Federal Resources and Information
Department of Labor
- The Department of Labor's has the following e-laws resources regarding the Fair Labor Standards act and volunteers and school to work designations.
The Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division (WHD) has the following Fact Sheets regarding the Fair Labor Standards Act:
#71: Internship Programs Under The Fair Labor Standards Act
- This fact sheet provides general information to help determine whether interns and students working for “for-profit” employers are entitled to minimum wages and overtime pay under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- #71: Internship Programs Under The Fair Labor Standards Act
- RSA presentation from the 2016 CSAVR conference:
- Technical Assistance Audio Program on Pre-Employment Transition Services Expenditures
- RSA Webinar on New FY 2015 GAN Attachment for Pre-Employment Transition Services, Supported Employment, and Maintenance of Effort
- RSA Technical Assistance Circular (TAC) 18-02 titled "Submission Procedures for Prior Written Approval Requests under the State Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Services Program."
- RSA: Period of Performance for Formula Grant Awards FAQs
- PD-16-04 - "Revision of Policy Directive (PD) 14-01 instructions for the completion of the Case Service Report (RSA-911) for the State Vocational Rehabilitation Services Program and the State Supported Employment Services Program"
- Guidelines: Supporting Documentation for Case Service Report (RSA-911) Revised June 14, 2017 (PDF, 1MB)
- TAC-17-01 - "Performance Accountability Guidance for Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Title I, Title II, Title III and Title IV Core Programs"
- TAC-19-01- "Guidance for Validating Jointly Required Data Submitted under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- 2-28-20 Department of Education-Notice of Interpretation (NOI) State VR Services Program
Letter on the Importance of Collaboration Between Special Education and VR Related to Secondary Transition - RSA Commissioner Mark Schultz and OSEP Director Laurie VanderPloeg wrote this joint letter that discusses the importance of collaboration between special education and VR related to secondary transition.
A Transition Guide to Postsecondary Education and Employment for Students and Youth with Disabilities
- Increasing Postsecondary Opportunities and Success for Students and Youth with Disabilities
- What to Know About Transition Services for Students and Youth with Disabilities
- The 2020 Youth Transition Plan: A federal Interagency Strategy
- What to Know About Work-Based Learning Experiences for Students and Youth with Disabilities
Check out Pacer's resource on Free and low cost mobile apps available to support students with disabilities.
- The RAZ Memory Cell Phone was designed for individuals with dementia or intellectual disabilities to stay connected with their loved ones. Visit the RAZ Mobility website for more information.
Thirsty Thursday Three Tips
- Thirsty Thursday Three Tips 04/23/20
- Thirsty Thursday Three Tips 04/30/20
- Thirsty Thursday Three Tips 05/14/20
- Thirsty Thursday Three Tips 05/22/20
- Thirsty Thursday Three Tips 05/28/20
- Thirsty Thursday Three Tips 06/04/20